Sunday, July 2, 2017

Te Miro Bike Park Visit

Our Term 3 Kaitiakitanga unit has looked at what a 'Environment Guardian' means to us and other people. In the process we have sustained the M.I.S. plantation, learnt about Stu Muir and found out about Te Miro Bike Park.

Part of being a 'Environment Guardian' is to help sustain the facilities and 58 students from Tainui Team visited the Te Miro Bike Park to help clear the tracks, with the help of three Te Miro Bike Club members.

Tainui had a great time clearing and walking the tracks. An awesome thank you to the parents / adults who helped with the trip.


We also discovered a crime scene

Team work to solve an environmental issue.


Morrinsville Reservoir 








7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed it and it was really cool to see all the different tracks. My favourite part was seeing the snake track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun wish I could go

    ReplyDelete
  3. can we please go next term mrs Armstrong.i will bring my notice in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te Miro was really fun. We helped clear tracks and did some walking also there were loads amazing views and we enjoyed exploring two of the tracks. Tainui were definitely environmental gaurdians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Te Miro was the bomb! We were cleaning the Kaimeleon track and:
    A. Moved a tree.
    B. Discovered a crime scene. To police everywhere, I don't wanna go to jail.
    Anyway, I hope we go Term 4, with BIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved going to Te Miro and having a walk around the different tracks, because then when I go with my family, I know some of the cool tracks to try out. Thank you to the teachers for making this day happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did like going to Te Miro. I wish we could have taken our bikes though. It wasn't that much fun picking up rubbish but it was good for the community. The tracks were so cool that Me and Jae and dad went back for a ride on the weekend. Brodie

    ReplyDelete