Monday, March 30, 2015

I wonder...topics

Week 9 Work in Class.

Room 1 has been investigating their learning styles, have identified 3 main learning styles and recorded on our Room 1 Blog something we would give a go if we knew that we would not fail.

They have now moved onto selecting an area that they are passionate about or interested in, this is self-directed by each student, and are presently developing a newly acquired skill. This skill will be shared with others on a celebration day early next term and allows us to embody the school value of 'Rangatiratanga - doing the best for our self.'



Record your 'I wonder... ' skill you are learning on the Room 1 Blog and explain why you selected it. 
Good luck for trying something without the fear of failing.

I am looking forward to seeing your progress in your learning on Wednesday. 
Have a cool Tuesday.




16 comments:

  1. I am learning how to weave a flax flower because it sounds like a fun thing to do and I would like to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well mine is magic and the reason I don't actually know just to WOW people I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you not learning something that you are interested in and your learning style. What do you think.

      Delete
  3. I am learning to play music by ear. Mainly because my 1st learning style was music. Laura and I are working together in learning Lighthouse by G.R.L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am learning how to make icosahedron, i already made a cube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Stas. Looking forward to seeing the icosahedron coming to life under your skillful hands.
      Mrs Armstrong

      Delete
  5. I chose it becuse I love looking up at the night sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am learning to take 10 steps while doing cross overs with a basketball, I am doing this because I like basketball

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to learn to kick a hacky ball around. I am doing this because I think it would be a good skill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm learning how to free run. I'm doing this because I thought it would be a fun skill to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me and ninja crab (Caleb) are now learning how to break roll so that we can land safely if we get or have ground shock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm learning to solve the Rubix cube because its something I've always wanted to do and it would look impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am learning to play music by ear because it would be a great skill to have later on as long as I stick to music, and music was my #1 strength. Jordan and I are working together in learning Lighthouse by G.R.L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am learning to weave flax and I chose this topic because I had no idea how to weave flax until now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am learning how to juggle and i chose that topic because i had no idea how to juggle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am learning how to weave flax because I would like to learn how to weave it and teach others

    ReplyDelete